Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
How To Prepare For Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment. This is an essential part of your preparation for your surgery.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach, or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Clark prior to your surgical date for instructions.
More questions about anesthesia? We’re here to help!
Call our office today