Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
How To Prepare For Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment. This is an essential part of your preparation for your surgery.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach, or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Clark prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Still Have Questions About Anesthesia?
We’re here to help! Call our office today to learn more.